Monday, March 28, 2022

Editing plan

     Now that we have organized the unedited footage, we can start to edit and since we are working in a group of three it is only fair that we divide up the editing. We agreed that Berkley was going to edit the first third of the film opening being the establishment of the setting by depicting the main character's room. Dani got the second third which consists of the main character getting ready and choosing her outfit for the day. This means I got the last and third part of the video where the main character is walking out of her house and reacts to the news of a new global pandemic.

    To edit my part I used iMovie and first imported the best takes from our organized files. After organizing them into chronological order, I cut out the ends and start of the scene where you can hear both Berkley and me directing. Even though it was not yet finished, I sent my teammates what I had edited so far for a second opinion and I subsequently changed a fade between scenes to a direct cut. I then finished editing making sure that the continuity between the flipping of two shots depicting the same scene was smooth. I then sent my teammates my video again for their approval. Dani and Berkley also sent their videos in our group chat and we all liked each other's work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 Enjoy my final project!